Thursday, November 17, 2016

I love New York!

Okay, so I don't really know if we love New York yet, but we have been here for over a month now, so I figured may as well update everyone on our new adventure.
Last cousin visit until the new cousins are born.

It has been an adventure for sure, when Vinnie flew in we decided to start the drive early and ended up staying the night in Burley and then we went and spent a day in Utah with my sisters. We were hoping that taking a day just hanging out would give our truck the time it needed to get ahead of us. Which up until the day we got to New York it was... and then somehow it ended up 3 days behind us. Luckily for us we do know 1 family here and they offered to let us stay until our stuff arrived. So we got to spend 3 nights on couches and beanbag chairs. Once our stuff finally got here, we had to wait until Vinnie got off work to unload. So we had to completely unload the truck into our teeny tiny apartment all in one night... needless to say we had a maze box mess for DAYS! I almost lost my mind because everytime I tried to make sense of what was here and clean something up, I just made a bigger mess somewhere else. At the end of it all, we ended up with a small Uhaul full of stuff that we had to put into storage. But we are finally settled now.

Our lovely maze
The boys room

Our kitchen/laundry room

Living room

Living Room

Our room

Our room

Since we got here we haven't been able to do a whole lot of adventuring, Vinnie went back to work the day after we got here so I was left with the boys in this place that seriously scares the heck out of me. I went from a place with ONE interstate and a few "highways" to a place where everything either a highway or byway or interstate or something... When Vinnie drove me to the apartment for the first time I was sure I would never leave the house again I was so confused. So the first few days we stuck really close to where we were staying. By week two I got a little more adventurous and we went looking for the Target that wasn't by our apartment or our friends house... only because we needed something for the house that it had and the other two didn't... and I'm proud to say we survived and DIDN'T get lost even once.

Other than that the only excitement we have is I got a job that works pretty great job with Vinnie's schedule and we went trunk or treating and trick or treating. We are looking forward to celebrating Coby's birthday tomorrow and Thanksgiving with friends next week! I promise eventually we will get out and adventure and I will be sure to share with everyone! Fingers crossed we will get to go to NYC during Christmas time so we can show the boys the HUGE tree, but that may have to wait until next year.

Pumpkin time

Halloween

No comments: