Monday, December 14, 2015

2 years


One of my favorite pictures of him.
Yep, it’s true the crazy Hankla family now has TWO 2 year olds… I’m not sure we thought that one all the way through when we decided to adopt Coby, nor would it have ever changed our mind. However, it is fun when really nosy people at random places come up to you and ask the question either, “Oh, are they twins” (which if you know our boys is a totally ridicules comment) or “How old is this one?... Oh, so this one must be” and before they can talk we get to chime in with two also. Coby is one of the most neutral kids I have even met, until you put him in a position he doesn’t like and he becomes the most opinionated kids ever. He has the worst stranger danger I have ever seen in any person. He glares so well that I think people are put off by him when they first meet him. However, if they are around for more than 20 minutes they meet the real Coby who is a HUGE flirt and has the smile to support it.
Also, check out those stats!!! Boy has he grown in the last 6 months, we went from a kid who wasn’t even getting into the teens for percentile almost push into the 50th for both!!!  We have literally gone from size 9 month to 24 months in about a 3 month time frame.
 
Handsome dude!
Stats:
Height – 2’10” – 48th percentile
Weight – 27lbs - 37th percentile
 
Flirt I tell you!!
Likes:
Daddy – simply put, I could stop right there with his likes. I have never met a kid who loves one person so much… but this kid does.
Dancing – this kid will stop anything he is doing if he hears any music (including our washer and dryer finishing a load) he drops whatever he is doing and starts dancing.
Jumping – and no I don’t mean just the fun little jump up and jump down off the floor jumping. I mean the climbing up anything he can find looking down and taking a leap.
Anything Lucas likes – these two I swear are the best of friends… and anything Lucas wants to do, Coby does also!
Captian America
Dislikes:
Eating – don’t get me wrong the kid loves to eat… at his pace, at his time, and in his way… if you try to mess with his set up you will have a crying kid on your hands.
Being told no – what kid does like that?? But Coby has the best fake sob for any time he is told no.
New or old people he doesn’t remember – as I said he has some pretty bad stranger danger, so even with people he knows, if it has been a few weeks he will freak out. It’s about the only time the kid will cling to me like it is a life or death situation.
 
Zoo day! 
Accomplishments:
Big boy bed – this was quite possibly the EASIEST transitions I have even been though in my life. It took him ONE nap on the floor before he realized how cool it was to get to sleep in a bed he can get in and out of as he pleases.
Communicating – Coby is really struggling with words, which really worries me, but in the place of words he has learned to communicate through his noises, his expressions, and gestures. Which is very helpful in trying to get him what he needs. He has gained a few more words in the last month or so, but still no where close to where we’d like him to be. We will be meeting with a speech therapist on that one!

Stairs – with our move, I was really worried about the stairs for both the boys, however, crazy mama, both boys mastered going up and down without any issues. 
Mama cuddles... or giggles.

Birthday Party!

No comments: